Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Westyn stats update

My Mom and I took Westyn to her 2 week appt this afternoon to get her 2nd PKU heel shot and she has put on 1 full pound since her birth and has grown 1/2 an inch! As most Moms know this is not the norm when it comes to a newborn's birth weight but I am absolutely ecstatic... My most dreaded situation when it came to having a baby was breastfeeding and since she is putting on so much weight I now have nothing to worry about. Last week she was 8.4 (3 oz. over her birth weight at 6 days old when most baby's are still under their birth weight) and in 7 days she has gained 12 ounces when the normal weight gain is an ounce a day. Yippee! I literally feel like super woman and know that my sleepless nights of constantly feeding this little monster are well worth it.

Is this the begining of a lifetime of bragging about my child?

7 comments:

Joe and Ronda said...

Umm... remember when we first met and we were on our way to Miami? You said " is that all you talk about is your kids?" welcome proud mama!! love you!

Stacie said...

That's so great!!!! She sounds like she's a very healthy girl, yay!! :)

thuriks said...

Good job Momma! What a good little eater! Love the pics from the weekend. Can't wait to see her again soon.

Misty Carpinito said...

Fantastic!!! So glad your boobies are doing their magic! Amazing growth! Cant wait to see her again. XOXO

Michelle said...

I am dying to meet her! And see you too! ;) Keep me posted...

Keri said...

You have the right to brag - gaining weight is very important! That means you are doing an awesome job as a new mommy!!

Unknown said...

Great news!

Ahh yes...we do love our wine, don't we?! It sounds as if she may have inherited our
foodie
gene, too! We can only hope ... :)

Her photos are lovely, but Westyn is positively angelic in person! We loved spending time with you guys. Love, (Proud Grandparents) Deb & Larry