Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Let's Reminisce

For some reason the last few days I have been thinking about my college experience when I didn't have a care in the world. A few nights ago while Troy and I were watching TV I asked him if he ever stopped at the Bookie on the way to class while it was snowing to get some coffee.... Weird question huh?? I have no idea why I brought that up to him but it just popped into my head as a regular significant college moment.
Michelle and I were chatting back and forth via email this afternoon talking about our Friday afternoons in college and how we remember them like they were yesterday; go to class (maybe), get coffee at Starbucks, go tanning at Body Magic, go to Moscow to buy a gross shirt from Macy's for some 'exchange' that night, eat dinner at DG's, then get ready with a house full of fun girls. It was so easy back then. You didn't have to work to keep in touch with people and as Michelle put it, all of your best friends were in a 4 block radius.


I am so greatful for my college experience and I have no doubt that college helped mold me into the woman I am today. I hope every WSU alum realizes how lucky we were to have lived in such a remote place like Pullman which forced us to be such a tight knit community.

If only I could go back in time for just a weekend for one last hoorah...wouldn't that be nice?



Enjoy these funny pictures that I found.(check out Michelle's crimped hair)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Haha yes, I rocked the crimped hair unfortunately a few too many times for the 2000's. I miss Pullman, and you girls too! SO fun...I love reminiscing about it!

Shelby said...

Best times ever! However some of those outfits are totally questionable :) It's actually quite amazing to see where we all are now. And that we actually survived those years....and turned out pretty well :) XOXO

Leah said...

I really miss those times! I miss when a big dinner out was getting $2 cheese sticks from Papa Johns. And I miss Corner Mart Bob; leaving the Coug with a bottle of Boones, because we could; Open to Close. Michelle, I LOVE your crimped hair, don't worry. And I loved that was rocking a jean jacket.

Stacie said...

I miss Pullman!!! I often think about what day I could relive in Pullman if I could! Too many to choose from. We were very lucky... Happy and drunk! :)

Jen said...

What a well written post! Brought little tears to my eyes but could just be the hormones.... And Shelby is right, we're now getting so old that our outfits in those pics are totally out of style!

Courtney said...

Those are such great pics....and what fabulous outfits! :) Such fun times!