Monday, November 17, 2008

Going crazy

Yes that's right - I am officially going crazy. I had a 'minor' meltdown on Sunday (although Troy would say different) all because of the stupid paint that I have yet to choose for the nursery. I can't for the life of me decide if I want to paint the room a neutral taupe color or lavendar. The lavendar samples that I've bought the last couple of days have been too Easter-egg purple and I absolutely do not like those types of colors on walls; light pinks, greens, blues, purples, etc. My aunt and I went out cold-calling this afternoon (something people do in sales jobs not usually with their aunts but we work together) and made a pit stop at Home Depot and looked at some colors. I really needed a third partys' opinion as Troy is changing his mind as much as me. I think I may have limited the colors choices to 2; Lavendar Lace or Silverberry. I could have pretty much ruled out the idea of taupe since I started this post a few minutes ago as I really think a girl's nursery needs to be something besides a neutral color. If I do lavendar looking walls then I can accent with limes, chocolates, blues, even pinks (maybe) but if I do a taupe room then my color choices are limited due to the different shades of taupe - lavendar doesn't look very nice up against taupe.

I'm beginning to sound like a schitzo.

4 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

You are cracking me up! Her room is going to be perfect no matter what you decide!

I do think a Lavendar color would look great - you could always just have one wall lavendar and the rest neutral. More of an accent than the whole thing one color...just another thought...I know exactly what you probably didnt want. Lol

Jen said...

I wish you could scan the swatches so I could see what colors you are considering.... Then we could have a vote! Have fun today with your Mom and good luck with the Dr. appt., let's catch up tomorrow when it's a better time xxx

Leah said...

You are SO silly!! Its a big decision though, I understand : ) Why don't you wait to see my bathroom to decide? Its a very light purple-silver and you can see what it looks like with the lights, and my cabinets are white, so it will give you an idea of the whole accent colors?

Blyth Family Blog said...

You're so funny! I freaked out with Ava's room too. We ended up on a bright green color for the walls above a chair-rail, and we have green and pink bedding, it's all really bright, but it's cute. I'm sad we're going to have to change it out! I say go crazy with the paint colors, it's the only time you can without being a weirdo!