Friday, November 7, 2008

Last night

Troy and I headed over to my parents house last night to have dinner with my Mom as my Dad is out of town for a few days. She made the best flank steak tacos with pickled onions, cilantro and a great mexican pesto-type rub. My contribution was a mixed greens salad with toasted green pumpkin seeds and a creamy lime vinaigrette. As some of you know it's not unusual for my Mom to cook a fantastic meal as this is a daily occurrence for her -this is where I get my love of cooking.

Even though the meal was fantastic and my Mom and Troy were enjoying what I think is the best wine around (Molly Dooker The Scooter), the absolute hands down best part of the night was when we were in the kitchen preparing the meal and my baby started kicking quite a bit so I grabbed my Mom's hand and put it on my belly. The look on her face was truly priceless as I don't think she expected such a forceful kick.
Can you imagine the feeling you get as a Mom when feel your daughter's daughter kick in her belly.....it was a really great moment.

5 comments:

thuriks said...

Just got goosebumps!

Joe and Ronda said...

That is really beautiful~ You are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family...

Shelby said...

Ugh you made me all teary eyed!

Stacie said...

That's so sweet, love it! :)

Jen said...

Very sweet, Ash-bet your Mom is getting more excited by the day. Hope you had a great weekend x