Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Day of Surprises

I had my monthly routine Dr's appointment yesterday and invited my Mom along; afterwards we were going to do some shopping at U Village. It was sure to be a quick appt. since the monthly routine appts. are to check weight and check your urine for a few things. So I got on the scale (ugh..) peed on the little stick and then waited for the nurse to come get my
Mom and I. We went back into the room did the blood pressure stuff and then Dr. Levine came in. I introduced him to my Mom and the first thing he said was "how about we go into the ultrasound room to check her out so your Mom can have a peak". I was so thrilled since women usually only have 3 u/s throughout the whole pregnancy and my Mom was able to see her on the screen dancing around. I could not believe that he offered this and wasn't expecting to see her for quite a while. It was so special to share this with my Mom.

And when I thought the day couldn't get any better......

One of the main reasons why we went to U Village was to look around at Pottery Barn kids and check out the fun decor stuff they have - mainly these great lavendar polka-dot basket covers. I didn't realize that they carried crib bedding in store so it was fun to look at the stuff that I have been obsessing over for the last month. I saw my bedding that I was planning on ordering online but not in my color so my Mom asked the very helpful saleswoman if they had my color in back. The saleswomen came out with my bumper, skirt, and 2 fitted sheets that matched. I know you must think that I am crazy for even thinking that this is a big deal but I have literally been obsessing over my bedding and when to order it so that fact that it gave me a chance to cross it off my list was way beyond me.
Seriously - just ask Troy, I have been insane for at least 3 weeks now, going on four. So to top everything off I got up to the register to pay for my purchases and the whole crib bedding set went on sale that very day!!!!! Are you freakin kidding me???!!!!!

Troy and I put it on the crib when I got home and it looks even better than I expected. Again call me crazy but I feel like the largest most absurd weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

YIPPEE!!!

7 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

What a wonderful day! Can't wait to see the bedding!

Natalie said...

I am so excited for you!! I love when good things happen :) That is so great that all your bedding was on sale, what an extra bonus. Can't wait to see the finished room.

Joe and Ronda said...

post a picture... I can't wait to see it :)

Jen said...

Yeah, where are the pics?!

The Haigh's said...

The color is so light and the bedding is also light that the pictures don't show up.

Leah said...

I LOVE days like that! Now you don't have to stress anymore : )

Michelle said...

Yay! I love days like that, when everything just goes your way! Perfect!!! Can't wait to see it all come together :)