Monday, November 10, 2008

Getting started

So Troy and I picked up the crib this weekend and put it together. I absolutely love it and am so happy with our choice. I had been looking on the internet for months trying to find the perfect set and had no clue that JC Penney's carried furniture, but apparently they do. We should be ordering the dresser/changer in the next week or so and then the majority of the furniture will be in the room. I'm excited to start painting and visualize where to go from there.





We've decided on lavendar, chocolate and cream or white as our colors and were going to put up this great damask wallpaper that I found but realized that it was going to limit us on the decor. For some reason I've been obsessed with damask and found a great picture of a nursery with damask curtains, so I think that's how I will incorporate the design element into the room. I'm going to ask my Mother-in-law to make them (although she doesn't know this yet) since I would be a mess trying to contruct curtains. I can't wait!!!


I'm really trying to get a good belly pic but the side view Troy took last night looked funny so here is a frontal shot.

10 comments:

McGrath said...

Oh my gosh! You are so cute! I love your crib. Penney's is great too, I think I am going to get a rug from there. Purple and brown is a good combination! I got the wallpaper bug too. Domino had a really cute article where they wallpapered the closet, that way you're not limiting the room and still get the cuteness of the wallpaper- and closets are so boring anyways! Keep the pics coming of the progress :)

Natalie said...

I love your little tummy it is so cute. Your crib is beautiful, JcPenney's had great nursery furniture. We got Jordan's crib from Go To Your Room so we will use the same crib again but we will need to buy a new dresser/changing table. I will for sure look at JcPenney's. I love the room colors and can't wait to see the finished project.

Misty Carpinito said...

Love the crib and the cute belly. So excited to see the nursery come together and just LOVE the colors you selected.

Blyth Family Blog said...

You're getting as big as me now, haha!!
Love the crib, that's where we got Ava's furniture too, cute. Hope you're doing good!!

Joe and Ronda said...

Oh Ash.. it's beautiful...and so is your adorable tummy.. can't wait to see you Thursday. love you mama~

Jen said...

No point in calling you now since I already know all the nursery plans!! Can't wait to see you and the nursery x

Stacie said...

I love damask, we have b/w curtains in our living room and love them! Cute colors you picked, can't wait to see them!! :)

Erin said...

Your little belly looks so cute! We actually got our bed and couch from JcPenney's - they have some pretty good furniture - haven't checked out the baby stuff...yet :)

Rachel Verghese said...

Hi Ash! I just saw your blog on Jens! Congratulations to you both! You look fabulous! So happy for you! We're so happy for Jen and Mark too! I am so excited! Max wants a boy called Luke (As in Luke Skywalker!) and Holly of course wants a girl cousin! Roll of May!!!! Take care of yourself!! x

Melissa Moore said...

I am so glad you found my blog, I love reading blogs of people that I know, it makes me feel connected, as a crazy mom of two. Congrats on the pregnancy, enjoy all this time you have left to yourself and don't rush it, you will have PLENTY of mommy time. Oh and my stories regarding poop are endless, you will learn for yourself.