Sunday, July 5, 2009

Such a fun 4th!!!!!

Definitely starting to look like Daddy

Friday morning we set off for the canal for what I thought would be a bit of a stressful weekend. It turned out to be anything but and was so much fun. I think the heat drained Westyn since she slept most of the day, both days, in her swing ( I nixed the crib naps this weekend), and then when her bedtime came which is around 7:30 nowadays she fell right asleep in her travel crib and slept right through the fireworks, and they were absurd this year. I would imagine it had to do with her white noise machine being right next to her ear but regardless she didn't wake up once, except for a quick snack around 4am both nights. This year was definitely the best as far as fireworks go, I think some houses down the canal must have spent thousands as they were pretty awesome.
It was definitely a crazy weekend with all the family spread out between our cabin and my Grandma's house but OMG do I have the best family ever.... They were so helpful and always wanted to take Westyn so Troy and I could swim or ski or go on a boat ride or whatever; anything to help out and let Troy and I enjoy eachother...which is exactly what we did. Of course it makes things easier that Westyn has just been so wonderful - smiling and laughing up a storm; she is getting so much fun and so incredibly animated. I think the best thing about her smile is that she smiles with her eyes - sounds cheesy but she just lights up the room.

As fun as this weekend was, I almost feel like I need another weekend to just unwind and relax. Since I'm usually in bed by 9pm these days, staying up until midnight around the fire drinking wine and roasting smores has definitely taken it's toll. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe weekend.

Mommy & Westyn


playing on the dock

Getting ready to ski

Grandma making Westyn laugh

Daddy and Westyn having a conversation

7 comments:

Jen said...

Love, love, love the new pics-she is starting to look like Troy! Glad you two had a nice weekend together, with Westyn and with the entire clan x

Stacie said...

What a fun weekend!! She's getting so big!
You look fab by the way!! :)

Tara Holmes said...

I love the comment you made that she smiles with her eyes. I can picture it. Glad you had so much fun!

Misty Carpinito said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend. I can't wait to get to the Canal with you.

My grandma used to call those smiling eyes...if everything else was covered but her eyes you would still know she was smiling! Henry smiles with his eyes too and it just puts an instant smile on everyone that's around. Amazing to watch them grow!

Keri said...

Great pics! What a fun weekend. She has the most amazing personality - I love seeing her smile. You're so lucky that you only have to wake up once to feed her....I cannot WAIT until that day comes! Makena thinks my boobies are her full-time fun bags.

Michelle said...

Cute! LOVE the pics! What a fun weekend for you guys, she is such a wonderful happy baby! :)

Blyth Family Blog said...

You look fab Ash! I can't believe how big Westyn is getting! Love those eyes, so much like her Mommy...I wonder if her hair will get curly??