Friday, July 24, 2009

All A's on the report card

I thought I'd post a quick update on our little beautiful baby. We had her 4-month well check on Tuesday and since Troy was in AK fishing I asked my Mom to come with me just for the fun of it. Westyn is growing so fast and has changed so much in just the past month. She is holding on to toys/rattles and in the last day has discovered her binkie (pacifier) which she is obsessed with. She never took one before as she always just sucked on her hands but I thought I'd give it a try yesterday and man did she love it. She is also holding the binkie by herself and when it falls out she tries so hard to put it back in her mouth and usually hits the target. She is rolling over both ways but more frequently from her stomach to her back. She also discovered her feet last month but in the last 2 weeks has been putting her toes in her mouth. I find myself at the end of the day with a tired mouth from smiling non-stop. She is the happiest baby (excluding the few minutes right before her afternoon nap) and I feel like my life has a whole new meaning... making Westyn smile & laugh.

The pediatrician was in awe of Westyn as she seems to be quite advanced in her development when compared to most babies at 4 month. We are starting rice cereal tomorrow as the doc said she is more than ready to have some fun - there is no nutritional value in rice cereal it's more for fun and experimenting with spoons and trying out a substance a bit more solid than breast milk. As far as her stats go, holy cow do we have a big girl.
She weighs 16 lbs 4 oz. and is 26 1/2 inches long, showing in the 97 percentile in each category.

I don't have any current pictures but will definitely have some this weekend after our Saturday morning experiment with cereal.

3 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

You're cute Ash. I love how Westyn is getting discovering new things she can do each day.

Misty Carpinito said...

Oh my goodness! She is growing up so fast! I miss you girls! Can't wait to see you when we get back home. Love that she found her toes!!!

Jen said...

WOW, she is a big girl! Can't wait to hear how the rice cereal goes, I want to try starting Calum on it before we come home. Miss you xxx