Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Love.......


.....that every Sounders game is sold out and soccer is once again making a name for itself in Seattle.

Yesterday afternoon Troy and I along with my parents and Brandon & Crystal, went to the Sounders v. Houston game at Qwest Field and had an awesome time in the BEAUTIFUL 85 degree Seattle weather. This was a Father's Day gift for my Dad but I was equally as excited to go as Troy and I have been wanting to see a game ever since they came back. It was pretty funny that I was the one explaining the dynamics of soccer to him whereas he is usually the one doing the explaining at sporting events - I was able to show off a bit with my knowledge of the game. My Aunt Peggy (my Mom's bestfriend) watched Westyn so we were also able to have a fun afternoon to ourselves. There's no way we would have brought Westyn in that heat especially since out seats were in the blazing sun for the first half.

On to Westyn updates:
*She is beginning to love her feet
*She now rolls over from her belly to her back
*She is now grabbing toys and actually 'plays' with rattles
*She absolutely loves her Daddy and watches his every move
*She sleeps through the night in her crib at least 2 times a week
*She is 4 months next Saturday
*We start her Waterbabies swim lessons on Tuesday
*She is such a happy smily baby
Troy and I were talking this afternoon about how we don't even remember the difficult/confusing/sleepless days we had with her when she was a newborn. It was all worth it to get to this point, and really when I think about it, it wasn't that hard. At the time I thought it was pretty hard but hey, we made it and so does everybody else that has a new baby I would absolutely do it all over again....but not for at least 2 years.


6 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

Oh my goodness I LOVE that last photo of Westyn!!

Jeanne said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time at the Sounders game. Isn't the energy in the stadium awesome?
And that last little photo of Westyn is adorable!!! Look at your little girl posin'! What a natural!

Jen said...

Wow, the stadium was packed! Fun! Maybe someday you can explain "football" to me since I still don't really understand it. Loved your Westyn updates, too-what a big girl she is becomming. Calum has been a sucsess so far in his crib-he slept until 7 a.m. on Saturday in his crib and 8 a.m. yesterday! It's been great!

Blyth Family Blog said...

Remember our soccer days?? Ahhh...memories!
Westyn is so dang cute, I can't get over her eyes and all that hair! Glad you guys are sleeping better...sleep is the best when you have a little one!!

Tara Holmes said...

I like your little notes about what Westyn is doing right now and to hear that the hard times are almost forgotten. How many babies do you want to have????

Keri said...

That last picture of Westyn needs to be framed.