Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009 was one for the books

Christmas Eve this year reminded me of when I was younger and I couldn't sleep anticipating Santa's arrival. But instead of being anxious of Santa's arrival I was anticipating Westyn waking up so that I could go into her room and see her beautiful sleepy face (she looks just like her Daddy when she wakes up), wish her a Merry Christmas, and bring her downstairs to show her what Santa had brought for her. It was quite surreal sharing Christmas with her and making memories with our little family. Christmas morning was a zoo but so much fun. She was going non-stop from the moment she woke up until bedtime.

After the 4 of us (the 4th is Kenai) did our little gig, we heading over to my parents house still in our pj's and had too much breakfast and opened more presents with all the cousins; Jaxon, Campbell & Westyn and of course Brandon & Crystal. Christmas Eve is the big party in my family as we all get very dressed up and celebrate with a huge party at my aunts house with way too much wine and great food.
That night we had Jan & her Mom (MIL & Troy's Grandma) over for Christmas dinner but since Westyn was going nonstop all day this is what happened. She didn't even make it to the last round of presents.

The best news is that we got a new camera for Christmas from Jan, Tim & Chris so I have been going crazy filming Westyn and taking some pretty cute pictures. Once I learn how to upload the pictures to my computer I will post some pictures of a much better quality. I have been so pissed at our camera for ages that I am excited that my pictures moving forward will actually be descent. I may even be able to catch Westyn's face without movement; the 'old' camera would take 10 seconds to take the shot. Out with the old, in with the new..right?


Christmas Eve


Westyn was WAY more interested in eating the wrapping paper and playing with the boxes that the toys came in

See what I mean - crummy camera. I think every shot in the past 9 months have been like this.

2 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

New cameras are the best. I love your strong traditions, makes me jealous we don't have more family around to have fun with.

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Little Westyn asleep in her high-chair is just precious:)