Thursday, January 22, 2009

Omega-3

I stuffed my face with salmon tonight and it tased so wonderful!
Although I absolutely love fish, it starts to get old when you have almost 100 lbs of salmon and halibut in your freezer so I haven't been as good about fixing it. But, I was craving it this week so I decided to get some out of the freezer. We vacuum pack the kings in pretty large fillets so I had a huge piece all to myself - Troy opted to fry up some halibut instead. I prepared some gnocchi with pine nuts and wilted spinach to go with it (from the February issue of Cooking Light) and I have to say it was one of the best. I used the wonderful Tom Douglas Salmon Rub along with olive oil for the salmon and grilled it on my Longhi grill. I have never taken pictures of my dinner but it turned out so pretty I just couldn't resist.




On another note - here is a recent belly pic at 32 1/2 weeks. I think Troy is getting sick of taking belly pictures so they are getting more and more blurry and are never centered. My butt and legs look like they weight 50 lbs each because of the shadows but I promise they're really not as bad as they look -- although my face is starting to look a bit pudgy....right Keri?

15 comments:

Shelby said...

Oh you're the cutest preggers ever!!

Courtney said...

You look adorable!

Jen said...

Ashley sized portions, too ;). Love the new belly pics. I think Mark is getting sick of taking belly photos, too-he seems to think it's ridiculous! Did you ever decide on getting professional ones done? x

Larry said...

nice looking fish and daughter-in-law. See you the end of march

Brooke said...

You look perfect. I hate you. (Kidding.)

Michelle said...

You are SO cute, I can't wait for our photo shoot! :) And I will get to see you in just 2 weeks, yay!

Stacie said...

You look darling!! Almost there!! :)
I'm going to have to try that gnochhi, could be my fave thing of all time!

McGrath said...

Yummy!!!! Looks good! Nice work! I think you look adorable! Are you counting the days yet???

Blyth Family Blog said...

oh you're so cute:) Love this pic of your belly! Who would've ever thought Ash would be a fatty!! Love it, you look beautiful! Guess I should have Galen start taking belly pics of me, I've been terrible about it this pregnancy! Can you come to my house and make me some food please?? Love you.

Erin said...

Ashley - you look absoultely adorable! And the salmon looks delish!

Leah said...

Look at you, little Susan! Quite the chef : )

Natalie said...

You look so good. You are almost done, yah!! Before you know it your little girl will be in your arms. I am so excited for you :)

Misty Carpinito said...

LOVE the new belly pic! I can't wait to meet her! You look fantastic!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

You look great Ash! So does your salmon...I think I want that now for dinner. Hmmm.

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

Oh my goodness you are so adorable, and that meal looks FANTASTIC! I am totally off to dig up the gnocchi recipe from Cooking Light!! Thank you for sharing!