Friday, January 9, 2009

Big Brother

Yes I know some people may think it's silly to feel this way about a dog but Troy and I think of Kenai as the baby's big brother. Recently we have been saying things to him like "Kenai what's in Momma's belly - is that your little sister?" or "Kenai let's go upstairs to the nursery". Does this sound like I'm a few screws short? Maybe - but let me tell you that Kenai has definitely been a key factor in preparing Troy and I for a baby... as far as responsibilites go. As most young couples with dogs can attest to, they become your baby/child therefor getting you ready for the real deal.

Just now when I didn't know where he was and was looking all over the house - I found him here.

When this was simply our guestroom he never ventured in here, but now he seems to be in here at least once a day. Maybe he does get it - could dogs really be that smart????

*As a side note, the reason why I am taking pictures of my dog in the middle of a work day is because I work from home... I promise I'm not just a lazy piece of s$%t.

7 comments:

Shelby said...

What a sweetheart! Our Zu dog is definitely our baby and I would be doing the same thing if I were you. I think they really are that smart and can definitely sense that something is going on.

Kalamakis said...

What a gorgeous boxer! Our boxer Bodi is in the baby's room at every diaper change and when we put the baby to bed. He is really sweet with the Payton; very curious. I am sure your boxer is just as sweet and will be great with your new little one! So exciting! Congrats!

Melissa Moore said...

It is probably all dogs, but I can definitely speak for boxers. THEY KNOW!! Both my moms and mine (boxer) cry when the baby cries and are right at the door when the baby wakes up. It is very cute.

Stacie said...

How cute! Animal intuitions amaze me! He'll be a great older brother!!

thuriks said...

Yes I totally know what you mean. I think they really do know that something is going on. Bella is a great big sister however, she does get ignored far too often poor thing!

Leah said...

I think that is adorable! I've even heard of CDs you can buy of baby sounds so you can prepare your animals for bringing home your newborn.

I'm in the wrong business, I tell you...

Stassa and Grant said...

Soo true when I was prego... Nala, Emily's cat was very intune with my body and liked to sleep by my stomach next to Grant every night. Animals are great for practicing pre-baby parenting techniques.