Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Nursery Pics

We have the bones of our nursery put together with the crib and dresser in place, the rug I found at Lowes and our beautiful fleamarket-looking chandelier (thank you Gary). Now all we need are the curtains (once I find the fabric my Mother-in-law will be creating them), clothes to fill her closet, and lots of decor for the wall. I am in search of the perfect basket to fit the leftover space on the changing table (where the teddy bear is) which will be used for diapers, and then I can go buy the lavender polka-dot basket liners from Pottery Barn kids. All in all it's coming along but we definitely have a lot to do.

Here are a few pictures that I took - you'll notice that the paint doesn't go all the way to the ceiling.. we are doing crown molding, I promise it's not due to my painting ability.

We had a bit of problem with the length of the chandelier since Troy is so tall so we decided to only use one chain link, that's why it looks a bit like a mini-chandelier.

I want to send a heartfelt thanks to my parents and Troy's parents for buying this beautiful nursery furniture, we love it so much and can't wait for your new granddaughter to see it.

I also wanted to say Congratulations to Laurel & Russ for the birth of their baby boy this afternoon around 2pm, Jett James Ortega. He was 7 lbs 7 oz, and from what I have heard Laurel was a complete champ. So much so that right after she got her epidural around 6:45 this morning and was sitting in her hospital bed she gave me a call to let me know she was in labor. She was so chill & relaxed, just like the Laurel we all love.

I cannot wait to meet him.

5 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

Absolutely love the nursery...the colors look amazing and I love the chandelier!

Courtney said...

What a gorgeous nursery! You've done a beautiful job!

Jen said...

I love it, Ash-can't wait to see the completed room. And don't worry, I bet you're going to have so many clothes they won't all fit! Love you x

Joe and Ronda said...

Wow what an elegant baby girls room. She is already ready for pampering:)

Keri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.