Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas with the Wrights

What a busy yet relaxing weekend we have had. If we didn't have a 4-wheel drive car we would most definitely be stuck out here but luckily we made the best purchase earlier in the year and bought a Subaru. Once again we got about 6 inches last night and are now totaling around 12-15 inches of snow. Troy went off to work this morning so I am literally stuck here all day - luckily I work remotely from home so I can get everything done that needs to be done beofre my office closes.

On Friday Troy and I ventured to Seattle for my monthly appointment where I had to down the not-so-tasty fruity glucola liquid for gluclose testing (this is to test for gestational diabetes), the appointment went great as now that I getting further along Troy and I had more questions for my doctor. He also measured my belly which was kind of fun and checked my weight which was such a relief considering my high weight gain the last time around. I am having a miserable time sleeping at night and have found that putting a pilow inbetween my legs while laying on my left side works the best. It really is true what they say in all these books about laying on your left side as opposed to your right - when I attempt to lay on my right it feels like the baby is going to detach right out of my belly. But all in all everything is going great and I feel good except for a few minor discomforts throughout the day and lack of sleep.

Saturday night we celebrated Christmas with my brother Brandon & SIL Crystal and of course the kids. They are leaving for Tri-Cities this afternoon and won't be back until after Christmas. We went to my parents for a wonderful meal and then exchanged presents. It was quite windy that night and whenever it's the least bit windy our power goes out, so when Troy and I got home of course our power was out and the house was dropping to a low 40 degrees. Luckily it came back on in the middle of the night so we were able to spend all day Sunday watching football.
Here are some pictures from Saturday night of our niece and nephew Jaxon & Campbell


5 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

I cant believe how big Jackson and Campbell are getting...so cute!

One tip you might try when laying on your side is to use a wedge pillow or just a blanket to prop under your belly. It makes that belly "tearing off you" feeling go away as it's propped up by something.

If you ever need someone to chat with in the middle of the night call me as I am up every freakin 2 hours and am so uncomfortable! All worth it though! :o)

Leah said...

Campbell is so big! Amazing how much they look alike.

Keri said...

Great pics! Your living room looks gorgeous! I'm stuck at home all day too....so boring. At least Greg has a 4-wheel drive now so he can go to work. Leaving for Tri-Cities tomorrow and will miss you -I'll call when I get there.

Joe and Ronda said...

Jackson is so cute.. wow he has got so big boy!! Campbell is adorable. This is the first picture I have ever seen of her..

Stacie said...

Darling kiddos!! I just love nieces and nephews, they're the best!! Merry Christmas to you and your family!