Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekend with the Haighs

Troy and I had some house guests this weekend; his dad and his wife Deb were here visiting us since Thursday and we had a lovely time with them. They live in Charleston, SC. so we only get to see them once a year while in Alaska however Troy sees his Dad every November when they meet up in Wisconsin at their familys' dairy farm for deer hunting. So it was a treat to have them stay with us especially since the weather was incredible with the leaves changing and clear crisp skies - they don't get to enjoy the 'fall' weather in SC like we do here so they loved all the changing colors.

Yesterday we hiked Rattlesnake Lake off of I-90 and it was a perfect day to get outdoors; not too cold to be outside and not too warm to be hiking. The hike is only 4 miles round trip so it was a piece of cake but perfect for a Saturday afternoon. I am quite proud of myself that I don't let my pregnancy get in the way of outdoor activities that Troy and I love to do. After the hike we went to the North Bend Bar & Grill for some beer and lunch. It was painful watching Troy, Larry and Deb enjoy their Mac & Jacks Amber after a great hike but they had O'Douls Amber (which is quite tasty) so it was good enough for me.

Last night we went and saw The Secret Life of Bees which was a really cute movie and then came home and watched a bit of a late football game and said our goodbyes as they went to bed to get up at 5am for a 7am flight.

All in all we had a wonderful time and I can't wait to see them again come March when the baby is here.

3 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

So glad you enjoyed your weekend with the family. Love the pics too!

Stacie said...

Fun weekend!! Sounds like the sun has been making an appearance on both coasts lately! It was beautiful here too!

Erin said...

Such a beautiful pic of the lake - I don't think I've ever been there before. I would love to shoot photos of your precious baby girl when she arrives. Thanks for the sweet compliments!