Monday, September 15, 2008

What a weekend!

Usually my weekends seems to drag on which definitely isn't a negative thing but this weekend absolutely flew by.

Friday night Troy and I went to my 10 year high school reunion at Pravda Studios on Capitol Hill and had a really great time catching up with friends and introducing Troy to some old friends that I haven't seen in years. We met up with the old crew and their husbands/fiances beforehand at Barca for some quick drinks before heading over to the reunion - was nice to catch up with the girls before everyone played the meet and greet game which is what is felt like.

I have to make a quick mention about our dinner on Saturday before the engagement party. I have been craving pizza in the worst way so I talked Troy into going to this place called Tutta Bella (http://www.tuttabellapizza.com/) which is off Rainier in Seattle (the nicer area of Rainier). Their pizza is just as good as what we had in Italy with the thin crust, awesome tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella or goat cheese, and a variety of different unusual toppings. I highly recommend this to anyone who likes a good pizza; and if by chance you want a salad beforehand their house mixed greens is unlike any normal mixed greens and is truly amazing.

Sunday we got to babysit Hayden which is my friend Leslie's daughter - she turns 2 in December and could quite possibly be the most precious little human in the world. She can't really talk yet but thinks she can, so she walked around the house talking gibberish in the cutest little girl voice I have ever heard. She was so happy the entire time and when it got a bit later in the night and she was getting tired she grabbed her book, blanket and binky and climbed up on our couch and plopped herself inbetween Troy and I and read the book to herself (she obviously can't read yet so she was just talking nonsense). This was possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen and Troy and I couldn't stop laughing. Each time we watch her it gets us just a little more prepared for what lays ahead, and if our child is anything like Hayden (boy or girl) we will be thrilled. I tried to take some pictures but each time she moved her head at the exact moment the flash went off.


Have a great week!!

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I can't believe your 10 year reunion was last weekend. The years have gone by so fast. I'm sure it was so much fun getting to see everyone. At mine I felt like the people I wanted to see weren't there, but I still had a great time. I hope your doing good and your pregnancy is going well.

Stacie said...

I have a special place in my heart for aunthentic Italian pizza! Lucky you found a place equally as good, I'm still searching ! :)

Jen said...

Just had to mention my two favourite places in the whole world (Tutta Bella/Broadway Grill), didn't you?! So jealous! Everything sounds like it's going great, will call you tonight or tomorrow for a proper catch up. Love to you and Troy x
Jen

Michelle said...

Yum I love tutta bella! I have been to the columbia city one too, but usually go to the one in wallingford. So glad your reunion was fun, it's so crazy to see all the old hs friends!

Ronda Miller said...

It was great seeing you both this weekend. You are so beautiful and look so happy and content. I am so excited for you to be a mama~ I love you guys!!

Liz Stevenson said...

I just found your blog through Sarah's...I love it. It was great o see you two(almost three) on Friday, brief but great. I will email you my recipe for whole wheat pizza dough. Its so easy and a little less guilty.
Lots of smiles -Liz