Thursday, September 18, 2008

It's Twitch!!!!

Not that Troy and I enjoy reality shows at all, although we do get obsessed with The Biggest Loser, but I have to admit our favorite of all time is So You Think You Can Dance. During each season of this show, I think there have been 4, we zone ourselves out for the 2 hours each week that it airs; unfortunately the show airs once a year for a few months so its a long time coming for the next season. Why am I talking about a silly reality show you ask.......???

Last night Troy and I went to the Puyallup Fair as most people do around this time of year. Since I couldn't go on rides and Troy wasn't into going on rides by himself or possibly getting stuck in a 2-seater with a crazy person, we decided to eat everything that crossed our paths. We also mozied along the exhibition halls looking at crafty stuff or special mop cleaners/nail art/food choppers/gourmet spices, etc. which seem to have not changed a bit since the 80's. Wouldn't you think that the fair supervisors would try to get some updated vendors to display
their "amazing products that can change the world"??? Nope.

So after we had had enough of the walking and horrible indigestion we decided it was time to leave. As we were walking out of the gates in awe of the truly amazing people that populate the fair grounds this time of year, I spotted a somewhat familiar face.... then another, then another. I couldn't for the life of me spit out my words to Troy that the top 10 crew from So You Think You Can Dance was in line buying tickets to the fair. Troy then turned around and saw who and what I was pointing at and couldn't believe his eyes. There was Comfort, Will, Gev, Chelsie, Mark, Joshua and last but not least Twitch, our favorite right in front of us. These people whom we devoted our lives to for the last 3 months. Of course Troy and I being the balsy people that we are walked right up to them and I blurted to Twitch "what are you doing here"? He went on to tell us that they have a show at the Tacoma Dome Sunday night and are in town so decided to go to the fair. Of course Twitch being the incredible nice person that he is introduced himself to Troy and I (like we didn't know who he was) and we shook his hand in amazement. We went on to blabber that we loved the show and were their biggest fans, blah, blah, blah, then told him it was very nice meeting him and walked away. What a moment! As we were walking to the car we were like giddy kids after seeing someone famous - even though they really are just a bunch of teenagers/early twenties kids.

So that was my night, couldn't have been better. I just wish I had my camera with me as Troy and I would've been the coolest cats on the block.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I am so jealous!!

Shelby said...

SOO fun! I loved Twitchington! :)

Michelle said...

Hahaha! That's awesome! Totally still a celeb sighting! ;)