Friday, September 12, 2008

Life is good

I have to admit that life right now can't seem to get any better..... The weather is amazing, my pregnancy is going so smoothly with no hic-ups, work is great as always, and my husband is being ever so patient with me. I love waking up early in the morning to just sort of walk around my house feeling so completely at ease and so blesses that Troy and I have what we have, it definitely helps that the sun is shining so bright.

Yesterday afternoon Jeanne and I took Leah out for lunch for her birthday to the ever engaging Broadway Grill - the people watching up there is enough to make the trek to Capitol Hill... who needs lunch. Then last night I met the girls at Matador for our usual happy hour drinks and appetizers (water for me) and had such a great time laughing and talking about our typical girly stuff. Katie was able to take a few hours off from the twins and enjoy some time with the girls as well. Troy and I are going to my high school reunion tonight which I'm really looking forward to and tomorrow we have an engagment party that should be absolutely wild; whenever Danny and Liz have a big party it turns into a fun crazy mess - can't wait!

The pregnancy is going very well, we had an ultrasound last Friday for the 1st trimester genetic screening. My Doctor called me yesterday and my results came back 'perfect' were his words. I wasn't worried but nice to know that we have a healthy baby. Today I'm about 13 weeks and 2 days and I feel really good, just a bit tired which actually came later than usual.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...try to take a few moments to enjoy life and what you have.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Agreed! SO happy to hear you are feeling well and all is going smoothly w/your pregnancy. It was so nice to see you last weekend, I loved catching up with you girls...

Shelby said...

I love this post! It's so wonderful to hear how happy you are and that you're acutally taking the time to stop and realize it! We all should do that more often. Glad the pregnancy is going so well. I wish you all the best!

McGrath said...

I love this blog, so true, we are so fortunate and it's nice to hear that reminder. Glad to hear everything is going good. I bet you are just glowing! Hope to see you at Heidi's wine night next Friday, you and I can enjoy some Sprite in wine glasses :)