Saturday, April 10, 2010

Do all parents think their kids are geniuses?

Its seems that time has been moving at light speed and Westyn is going to be 15 before we know it. She is talking now - she tries to say I love you (her way is I-I-I in 3 syllables), she says Hi all the time with the cheesiest grin, she recites E-I-E-I-O at random and we just figured out what she was saying yesterday, she says eye and points to her eye, says Uh-Oh every chance she gets, and the list goes on and on. I'm sure all 1-year-olds are advanced in their own special way but Troy and I are enjoying our 5 minutes of fame thinking that she is the smartest baby that ever lived. A few days ago she started playing soccer. Yes thats right, soccer! Last week she was into tossing the ball back and forth with her hands but that was so yesterday; now she prefers to use her feet. And when we ask her to kick the soccer ball, she puts it on the ground and starts kicking it (Jen, I think Mark would appreciate this) - see... genius. She is at such a fun age and I can tell it's only going to get better.

To sum up the last couple of weeks (since it has been that long since I last posted), we initiated Spring by celebrating Westyn's Birthday on a perfect Saturday afternoon with friends and family. On Easter we went to Newcastle Golf Club for brunch and Westyn was able to meet the Easter bunny for the first time (last Easter she was only weeks old). And today we spent a few hours in downtown Kirkland looking at the ducks, getting the old eyebrows waxed (me not her), running around in the grass staining our pants, and looking at some crazies tossing fireballs. All in all the last 3 weeks have been wonderful, how could they not be when we have a little perfect being to share our days and nights with.

Oh one more thing before I start the horribly long task of uploading some pictures - here are her 1-year stats.

Weight: 24 lbs 11 oz - over 90%
Height: 32 1/2" - over 97%
Head: BIG!!! 47 1/2 - 95% She takes after her Daddy, I know most would think me but my heads' deceiving, I just have loads of hair. At least her head is consistantly getting larger with the rest of her body - right?
I gave birth to a cheeseball



Westyn and Chloe enjoying an afternoon snack at her birthday party - on a side note, I have given up breastfeeding during the day (she drinks whole milk at every meal) but still nurse in the mornings and at night. It's nice to have the freedom throughout the day but I'm having a hard time giving it up completely

Westyn enjoying her Birthday cupcake from JOAT's cupcakes - they were hands down the best cupcakes I have ever had and were decorated to perfection. She even came and set them up at my house! I will be ordering these in the future and I know several of Westyn's guests will also.

Figuring out what to do with her and Daddy's Easter basket



My little family in our Sunday best - It was very windy, hence the 80's do


Not a baby anymore - such a funny shirt though.

on a mission in her cute little yoga pants and converse

7 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

Cute Ash! Got waxed the other day with Jackson and thought how traumatizing it would be if he could remember this ever. Ha ha!!! She is such a doll and of course she's a genius!

The Weber Family said...

Its only normal to think your child is a genius...we thought Addy was such a strange baby she HAD to be a genius! =) Westyn is beautiful, just like her mommy! Hope you guys are doing good - oh and LOVE the 80s hair.

Blyth Family Blog said...

She's a genius all right! Too cute, and love that she has a big head like Miles...maybe we should do an arranged marrige.
Oh...and you lookin GOOD mama!

Brooke said...

Happy belated birthday Westyn! You are totally a genius and beautiful too! Brains and beauty...the total package. I LOVE the picture of you and your parents, where you're in your highchair being all coy. What a little flirt.

And Ashley - congrats on being the mother of a TODDLER. Keep up the good work momma. You're doing a fantastic job.

Jen said...

God, Ash-she is just too cute. Love the photo of her morning face on Easter, precious. Honestly, I'm scared to tell Mark about Westyn's football skills or he might just get depressed since Calum is nowhere near the genius levels that Westyn is at yet. Love you guys x

Michelle said...

LOVE all the pics! She is just so sweet, beautiful and so smart! Just like her mama :) I can't believe how fast she is growing up, she is such a little girl! Fun to see you for 3 seconds today, we'll have to get together as soon as I get settled in at the condo :)

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

she is just so precious!!!!