Thursday, March 18, 2010

My little peanut turned 1 today!

Eating her first bite of cake. Of course it was carrot cake from Hoffmans - but thats how we roll

It still hasn't hit me that Westyn turned 1 today. To think that 1 year ago we welcomed this little human into our lives is unfathomable to me. It has been the most amazing year of our lives and I will always keep this year close to my heart as it was the year that I think I finally grew up. You always think that you're going to be a Mom someday but when you really become one you actually take a step back and think My God, what am I doing, somebody help me, I have to be responsible! But without Westyn in my life, well, I don't even know that life anymore. She has made me a complete being - being a Mom has been such a blessing and I can't wait for the upcoming years with this perfect little girl.


We celebrated today by going to the park with her cousins and spending time with Grandma and Tata. Then we had family over for dinner and the infamous 1-year old cake extravaganza. This weekend is her party so we will hopefully have some fun pictures to show come Sunday.



This little girl makes my heart melt.

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh, Ash-you couldn't have said it better! Happy birthday to your special little one. P.S. When did you get the recliner?! x

Blyth Family Blog said...

She makes my heart melt too! Happy Birthday Westyn!!! Such a beautiful big girl!!!!!!!!

Erin said...

So adorable and such a sweet post. Happy 1st Birthday Westyn!

Melissa Moore said...

She is so cute...Happy Birthday to Westyn, but happy 1st year of parenthood to you!!!

Tara Holmes said...

Can't believe a year has gone by. Westyn's hair is getting so cute and I love the laughing pic of her. Happy Birthday Westyn.

thuriks said...

Wow, I cannot believe she is ONE! What a little doll. She is looking more and more like a toddler. It goes SO fast. Sad! So glad you are enjoying every minute with your precious little girl. C & C are excited to wish their little friend a Happy Birthday at her party tomorrow!!!!

Stacie said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Westyn!! :)