Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our happy place

on top of Blackcomb


at the Peak of Whistler with Black Tusk in the background



The symbol of the Olympics - the Inukshuk. Just in case you were wondering what this symbol means - it is a traditional structure of the Inuit people of Canada and it stands for generosity, hope & friendship; a perfect trifecta of the meaning of the Olympics. Troy and I were educated on the peak chair.



The best day we have ever had in the 20 years I have been going to Whistler.

Our little snowbaby walking around the village.


This last weekend Troy and I headed to Whistler (without Westyn for a day) and had the best 4-day weekend we could have asked for. We had all Friday to ourselves to roam the village and have a fun dinner and then Saturday morning we were treated to bright blue skies and perfect snow. My parents got there Saturday early evening (with Westyn) and we were able to show her the amazingness of Whistler. My family has been vacationing there for about 20 years now so of course Troy and I were so excited to experience it with Westyn, especially 6 days after the Olympics ended and the village was still in full force.

4 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

What a blast. Such a treat for you guys to get a day to yourselves to ski!!! I'm very jealous!

Stacie said...

What a fun weekend for you guys!! Such a great tradition for you and now Westyn!

Tara Holmes said...

Fun! You and Troy look like you're having so much fun together and I love the trifecta of information about the Olympic symbol. Ha ha!

thuriks said...

LOOK at the teeth on little Westyn!!!!! Wow what a cutie. I am sooo jealous you went skiing. What a fun family trip. Excited to see you and the family next weekend.