Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Deep Breath...

That's really all I can do these days in order to keep some of my sanity at a safe level. Why can't you get paid overtime if you're a Mom to an 11-month old? We think Westyn is walking but she will take about 5 steps and then sit. When do you officially have a walker?

I'm sitting here trying so hard to think of something interesting to blog about but to tell you the truth I am beat. My family has been hit with one blow after another these last couple of weeks and it sucks. The only happy part about this last weekend was my Birthday and Valentine's Day.

For my Birthday we celebrated by renting out the loft at a really fun restaurant in Kirkland called Lucia (http://www.iloveluciakirkland.com/) I was able to celebrate with all of my friends and family and it made me realize how truly blessed I am to have the support system I do, in good times and bad. Valentine's Day was very relaxing and we capped it off with Troy making a wonderful flank steak dinner for the 3 of us.

Westyn is 11 months tomorrow and I welcome the distraction of planning her birthday - any fun suggestions for a first birthday party theme for a little girl who deserves the world?

Westyn taking a ride on Ryan

Getting dirty at Paint Away in Redmond Town Center. Westyn & I made a coffee mug for Troy for Valentine's Day.

My A.MAZ.ING family.

3 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

She deserves the world alright, just beautiful!
Sorry you've had a rough couple of weeks, I hope everything is okay?!
Happy Birthday to you (late I know, but it doesn't mean I mean it any less :)
I cannot believe Westyn is 11 months! wow, and yes, I think 5 steps means you've got an official walker!! congrats to you, now the REAL fun begins! ha!

Jen said...

Wait you got to celebrate your b-day with ALL of your friends and family?! HELLO! ;). Love the pics, I bet you can get a million fun ideas for W's party online, guess you can't really have it outside yet which is a shame. Hope to catch up today, love you and thinking of you x

Leah said...

Glad we got to celebrate with you! Sounds like your valentines day was perfect!
I would offer you suggestions for her birthday, but I might get totally out of control...