Thursday, August 20, 2009

sleeping beauty

Westyn was 5 months old on Tuesday and I have to say I wish that time would stand still for a few months. She is growing SO FAST that it seems like she's going to be a toddler before we know it. She is so aware of her surroundings and is becoming very curious with objects and sights around her. She loves playing with her little toys but unfortunately has outgrown her play mat as it has become a hazzard since she is constantly rolling over and her little body gets stuck. The last few nights/mornings I've had to deal with coming into her nursery and finding her on her belly sometimes sleeping sometimes happy and sometimes crying because she can't roll back over. This has been somewhat scary since all the medical profesionals warn you about babies sleeping on their stomachs and the correlation with SIDS. But, on the other hand if she is strong enough to get herself on her belly then she must be old enough and smart enough to sleep on it.

Nothing new to report on her growth as she won't have another appt. until the 6 month mark, however if you go by clothes (and she's in 9 month clothes) then I would say she's doing great.

starts off like this....



but then I find her like this, and she is awake and pretty content


and we get her changed and she is a happy baby....



looking very grown-up I might ad

6 comments:

Jen said...

Oh, Ash-she is looking SO grown up (and SO tall, too!). I know what you're saying, it does go by way too fast. Just can't wait to meet her, I bet she's even more sweet in person. Lots of love xxx

Blyth Family Blog said...

Oh she's so cute...and what a big girl she is! I bet you can't keep your eyes off that little beauty!!

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

oh my gosh...she is so adorable!

Tara Holmes said...

She has that look on her face like she's up to something funny. So cute Ash!

Keri said...

I sure do love that little girl of yours!!!

Shelby said...

Oh my those photos of her with her tongue out are too much! She is a DOLL!