Saturday, August 8, 2009

Random thoughts

Don't get me wrong I love, love, love summer - but I CAN'T WAIT for Fall!!! I love everything about fall, but most importantly FOOTBALL!!!! I also love the smell outside in the mornings and the leaves changing color. I love picking pumpkins with Troy which we have made a tradition for 5 +years. I love soup nights when it is raining out and Troy builds a fire. I can't wait to put Westyn in beanie caps and vests and buy her little Ugg boots to keep her feet warm. By this time she will be crawling (maybe) and interacting with her brother (Kenai) a bit more and we will be able to dress her up for Halloween - our favorite holiday. And I get to meet little Calum for the first time and give him a million kisses on his chubby cheeks and finally introduce Jen, Mark & Dett to Westyn. I can't wait to go hiking in middle September when it is still warm out but you can feel fall quietly coming. I am so excited for the Coug Football game which we have always tailgated (last year I was pregnant so I couldn't fully enjoy the festivities) and had the best time.

Who else is excited for fall -or am I the only crazy one???

11 comments:

Melissa Moore said...

Love your post, I am a huge fall fan too. The smells and the sights are not quite the same in Arizona, but I still love it. I am a huge football girl too, but pro for me, no college. Anyway, I too am as excited as you.

The Haigh's said...

Melissa - I also prefer pro to college, I can't seem to get into the college games. I have my one college game every year and that's plenty for me.

Tara Holmes said...

I love baby UGG boots!!! Fall is fun but I love summer so much it always is painful to have to go back to work. October will be a fun time to visit for you guys. xoxo

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

Oh your post just made me SO excited for fall! Thanks for that - I was getting sad summer was on the way out! ;)

Misty Carpinito said...

So funny you posted this. Just a few days I ago I posted on facebook how excited I am for fall...half the people liked it and the others told me to not rush summer! But there really is something about the change of colors, brisk morning air, cozy evening fires, smell of soup/roast cooking all day. I am ready! And I too cant wait to put Henry's little (big) feet in some Uggs!

Leah said...

I was just thinking this weekend how much I am looking forward to fall. It's my FAVORITE time of year. Halloween is so much dang fun. And I'm excited for the game too!

Michelle said...

I was just thinking this too! I said it yesterday actually! I love summer SO much, but I am secretly excited for fall to come because of: Cougar Football Saturdays, changing leaves, boots and pumpkin spice lattes. Ah...

Stacie said...

AMEN!!!!!!! Can't wait!

Blyth Family Blog said...

Love fall...but don't want to wish summer away too quickly!!!
We don't have much of a autumn here, it just turns COLD.
But so excited for football season to start...GO HAWKS!

McGrath said...

Pumpkin Soup, Football, Photo Ops in the Arboretum featuring the MOST AMAZING trees changing color, Halloween.........YES! I can't wait!

Jen said...

Holy comments! I love fall and am also looking forward to it, especially after how hot it was in Portugal! Next thing to look forward to for me is our visit and meeting little Westyn, I just can't wait! So much to catch up on, will call in the next day or two. Lots of love x