Wednesday, May 13, 2009

8 weeks old already....?

Or does it seem like we have had Westyn forever?? These past 8 weeks seem to have flown by, but then again it seems like Westyn's "birth" day was years ago and she should be going on 3.

I'll be the first to admit that having a newborn baby is hard work especially if you were very selfish with your time like Troy and I 'used' to be. Now our nights are totally devoted to giving Westyn baths, scrambling to eat dinner by 5:30 pm, calming her down while she cries from 7-9pm EVERY NIGHT (she is at the stage where she fights sleeping so she cries for hours at a time), and then possibly, just maybe having a few minutes to ourselves while she's in her swing....nah nevermind scratch that last statement because that hasn't happened in.... well.... exactly 8 weeks and 2 days. But as hard and exhausting as it is, I wouldn't change it for anything. She is AMAZING, literally, and growing and evolving into this little girl everyday.

When we get her to smile and make her precious little noises it makes my heart do these little leaps that I didn't know they could do. I love my little family so much and enjoy each new day that we have together.

On another note, as a tribute to Mother's Day, I wanted to wish every Mom; new and old or almost, a very Happy Mother's Day. I also wanted to thank my Mom for being the most amazing person I know and for being the very best friend that she is. I am so fortunate that they live only a few minutes from us which makes it easy to pop in whenever I want, which I do often. Thank you for helping me as much as you do and being the ear that I need 8 times a day when I call with worries about Westyn or simple recipe questions. Love you!

Without further ado, here is the little munchkin at 8 weeks.

10 comments:

Shelby said...

She is so gorgeous! I'm so happy for you guys.

Jen Deming Lee said...

Hi Ashley-I found your blog through Natalies-- Westyn is so precious! It sounds like you are handling motherhood like a pro! Congrats!

Blyth Family Blog said...

she is absolutley beautiful!! Isn't it fun being so HAPPY??

Tara Holmes said...

You are so cute as a mommy! I love your honest statements and you make it seem so rewarding no matter how hard it is. Makes me excited. Happy Mother's Day!

Jaclyn Z. Reiss said...

Look at her sweet little face!! She is just perfect - congrats on everything! Keep the pics coming...

Melissa Moore said...

She is so cute, she doesn't look like a crier. HaHa!!

Brooke said...

What pretty eyes she has. Such a cutie.

Jen said...

OMG, I just had to laugh-I just posted my blog and then read yours, they are almost identical! She's gorgeous, Ash and I love your update-makes me feel ALMOST like I'm there. Love and miss you tons x

McGrath said...

Happy belated Mother's day Ash! I hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. What a cutie pie! Isn't it the best?! Can't wait to have a play date!

Misty Carpinito said...

I love the purple outfit! She is growing up so fast. I just love that we get to have our multiple chats each week about our crazy lives now...so great to have you by my side Ash! Can't wait to see you gals again soon. XOXO