Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Days

I don't want to jinx myself but I think that I'm settling into mommyhood in a great way. My body has now gotten used to waking up every 2-2 1/2 hours at night so I'm not a zombie anymore throughout the day and I'm beginning to feel like myself again. I've even made dinner twice this week although Troy should take some credit as he is usually the one to finish things since Westyn tends to get hungry right in the middle of cooking.....I really actually plan it this way.

Not a lot more to report except that Westyn is growing and changing everyday. I think she is only a few days away from smiling and is making the cutest noises I have ever heard. Last week my friend from college, Erin Coffey came over to take some pictures of Westyn and I can't wait to see all of them. For those of you that haven't seen them, here are a few below. Coffey is a wonderful photographer and is so extremely patient, she captured some amazing pictures of Westyn that I know Troy and I will cherish forever. Thank you!!!!

We have Westyn's 1 month dr. appt. next week so I'll have more to post then.


This picture was taken after we gave Westyn her first very successful bath

14 comments:

Tara Holmes said...

I still can't believe you are a mommy! I love that picture of Westyn looking out into the distance. So precious, glad it only took a few weeks to fall into a motherhood groove.

Melissa Moore said...

Ashley, the pics are so cute. I had seen them on Erin's blog and was waiting for you to post to tell you how cute they are. As for the linking that people do with other sites and blogs, the little symbol next to the Text and color symbol is the link symbol, use that.

Joe and Ronda said...

I knew you would love it and be the best mama!! I am soo proud of you :) Westyn is such a beautiful baby and so blessed to have you and Troy for parents. I love the pictures, they are perfect.

Stacie said...

They're beautiful Ash!! She does such a great job, doesn't she?? Love them!

The link thingy:
When you want to include a hyperlink, highlight what you want to be the link, in this case "Coffey", then above, choose the green cirlce that looks like it has eyes (third from left) and a box will pop up. I always erase the "http:" and just paste the blog link in: so you'd paste: www.coffeycart.blogspot.com, then click okay. Sometime it shows the link, but if you click preview on the right - the link should work!
Hope that helps!
Ha, I just looked and your friend Melissa already told you how to do it :)

Anonymous said...

Ashley she is so beautiful!

Brooke said...

Westyn is so scrumptious. Just beautiful. I'd like nothing more than to kiss and sniff her. (Sorry if that sounded creepy.)

Erin said...

She is so beautiful! Just from spending the little time that I did with you and Troy, I could tell instantly that you two are going to be incredible parents. I mailed you the disk of all of the images on Monday so I would guess it should have arrived yesterday but maybe it will come today.

Blyth Family Blog said...

She is just the cutest thing ever. Maybe her and Miles can hook up:)
Coffey took some wonderful pics, but she had a very easy subject to make so cute!!
Galen thinks she is beautiful btw.

Natalie said...

I am so happy for you!! She is just so precious and the pictures are fabulous!!

thuriks said...

She is a little beauty. You will be so thankful you did these! They get big fast as you know :-)

Kalamakis said...

She is so adorable! Congrats to you both!

Jen said...

So super cute! Now I'm thinking she looks more like you... Hard to tell but she's gorgeous-look at her little fan club already! Am at home now for my maternity leave so will try stalking you by phone over the next few days but call if you get the chance. Love you lots and miss you tons x

Lana said...

Of course I remember you Ashley! Congrats on your baby girl, she's adorable and I love the name! The early days are so hard but so amazing! It's funny that you have a cabin on Hood Canal, so do we! Where on the canal are you guys?

Lana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.