Wednesday, February 18, 2009

If I do say so myself...

..I think I have the best job and co-workers ever created. I have been with the same company for 6 years and I have zero intention for ever leaving, I will retire here. For those of you that don't know, I work for Valpak, ya know the blue envelopes you get in the mail with all of the great coupons in them..... yes that's what I do and I love it! I help all of the local businesses in Redmond and Kirkland advertise and with the economy being the way it is they really need it. I work from home but go out in the field on a daily basis to see my clients and prospect new clients, of course that will change in a few weeks.
Aside from having the best job, I have the best co-workers and office staff imaginable and that's why they surprised me yesterday at our monthly sales meeting with a baby shower. I walked into the conference room and it was completely decorated and there were loads of gifts on the end table with a gigantic cake. Of course I started crying because I seem to do that as often as I breathe these days. My co-workers are like family to me since we have all been there so long (some 15-20 years) and the owners are like my surrogate grandparents - everyone has been so excited for Troy and I throughout this whole pregnancy and very suportive.
So anyways, I just wanted to give a little shot-out to my office as I love them very much and I couldn't have asked for a better day yesterday - thank you for everything, you're all the best.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

That is SO sweet!! It makes it easier to go into work each day knowing you have great co-workers! I hope you got lots of great stuff! XO

Keri said...

You are so lucky to work with such a great group of people who realize how wonderful you are! Love ya. And if I forgot to tell you...thank you for yesterday. You advice means a lot to me.

Tara Holmes said...

Almost there Ash!! I can't believe it. You are so loved!