Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Missing Westyn

I am without child until tomorrow night when we do the child swap with my parents. When they packed up the truck for the final time yesterday they took Westyn with them so she could hang out and get comfortable with the fact that the Canal is their new home. I know she is having a blast with them; playing on the beach, looking at sea life, throwing rocks (which is her favorite) but selfishly I want her home with us. Last night was so quiet without her and this morning was torture it was so lonely.


It's funny because you kind of look forward to some free time with your husband but all you both can think about is your child. And we have high hopes of catching a Happy Hour or 2 (gasp!!!) but we are being responsible and finishing up some much needed projects.

BORING. (This wasn't my idea)


You really start to wonder what you did before you had a child - but before we had Westyn we had no clue the love that would fill our hearts. Little did we know that she would turn into this creature that blows our minds on a daily basis. We didn't know that she would be a best friend and companion to both of us. We were blinded by her smarts and sense of humour. We are still amazed at how beautiful she is (yes I'm bragging).



(At Grasslawn playing in the sandbox. Look at that face! I die.)


(Walking in the park with Hayden)

1 comment:

Blyth Family Blog said...

She is so beautiful! I totally know how you feel about not having your baby around! I'm leaving Miles for the weekend and I'm already dreading it!!