Friday, September 24, 2010

10 pounds later...

Last Saturday we went to the Puyallup Fair with my MIL Jan and my BIL Tim (who was in town visiting from NC) and as my title states, I could have easily put on 10 pounds within the 5 hour time frame that we were there. All we really do when we go to the fair is eat all the crappy food that everyone is so drawn to. And unfortunately Westyn got her first taste of many suggary, greasy treats as well. As some people know I am a VERY healthy person when it comes to food so the fair is my once-a-year chance to stuff my face with everything that I swear off throughout the rest of the year. Westyn had a great time with all the pigs and goats and we even took her in a funhouse-type ride with mirrors and mazes, she loved it. Next year will be even better since she will finally be able to go on the little kiddie rides and enjoy that aspect of the fair.

On another note, to update on the daycare situation. She has transitioned well and it getting used to the kids and the new schedule. It's tough since she only goes 2 days a week and the other kids are full time, it's going to take her a while to adjust since we are starting when she's 18 months whilst the other kids have been going there since they were infants. It really is a perfect in-home daycare so I hope it will work out for the long run.


Such a trooper in the rain. Daddy won her some stuffed animals so she was content


Photo op in the fun house

The only ride Troy & Tim went on. They don't look like brothers or anything...




Petting the animals with Daddy, even though it's posted all over not to pet the animals.

6 comments:

Blyth Family Blog said...

honestly Ash, her eyes couldn't been anymore beautiful! I wonder whre she got those from?? hehe. Lucky girls you!
She'll adapt fine to daycare, it'll be such a good time for her to play with some friends her age and for you to get some stuff done. I look forward to Ava's school days :)

Loosy said...

Ditto on the eyes. Honestly, how often do strangers stop you to comment on how gorgeous Westyn's eyes are?

thuriks said...

omg we did the fair to. The twins went on the rides they loved it. Next year Westyn will have a blast for sure. Chloe & I had an Elephant ear for dinner it was magical! looks like you had fun!

Tara Holmes said...

Don't you love the fair? Fried EVERYTHING. I had my first funnel cake when Jen and Mark were here and I think I'm hooked now (atleast one every year). Westyn looks so cute in her rain coat too.

Jen said...

Love that face! Glad all is going well for Westyn at daycare, we got Calum into one that we wanted and he starts in Jan! What's up with not being able to pet the animals? That was the highlight of our OC Fair experience! Lame. Miss you guys lots x

DeLane, Kevin & Parker Lilly said...

She is SOOO stinkin cute! Don't worry, she will love daycare. It is always harder on mom than the kids. Agree with Meg...her eyes are amazing:)