Thursday, June 18, 2009

Dear Westyn,

As I'm writing this post on your 3 month birthday you are in your crib listening to your mobile play the beautiful song of rock-a-bye-baby. Before you were born your Daddy and I would play the mobile over and over again marveling at what was to come and it would bring tears to our eyes just thinking about the little girl that we were about to welcome into this world. In these past 3 months you have brought more joy and love to our lives than you could ever imagine. To look at you and watch you smile on a daily basis makes us so proud of the little person you are becoming. We aren't very religious people but something needs to be said about the blessed feeling we have when we think about what we have created in you and what we have to look forward to for the rest of our lives. You are truly a miracle and I hope you think of yourself as this forever. You have made us complete as you were the missing link in our little family.

I hope you know just how loved you are by everyone and we can't wait to watch you grow into the beautiful little girl we know you'll be.

Happy 3 months old my darling little baby,
we love you more than you will ever know

11 comments:

Leah said...

Are you trying to make me cry? What a wonderful post.

Blyth Family Blog said...

so sweet Ash...she'll love this when she's older! Love ya!

Keri said...

I got chills reading that. 3 months went by so fast! I was already excited about becoming a mommy but reading that post made me even more excited. I can't wait to feel that special bond and unconditional love that you feel when you look at your beautiful baby girl.

Erin said...

That was such a sweet little note. I've heard of mom's keeping journals and whenever they feel like saying something to their babies (that they know at the time they can't understand) they write it down and then give it to them when they're old enough to understand. Crazy to think that she's already 3 months old - those blue eyes are so precious.

Tara Holmes said...

Damm Ash. I almost cried. Make sure you keep that for her.

Jen said...

Very sweet, Ash-in talking with you the other day it's obvious what a special place Westyn has formed in your family and I love that you said you can't remember what life was like without her. Happy belated 3 mo birthday to Westyn! x

Misty Carpinito said...

Oh Ash that was so sweet and choked me up! I agree you should save these sweet notes for Westyn to read one day. She is such a precious little girl and just think her journey has just started. There are so many wonderful adventures that lie ahead. You are doing a great job mama!

Shelby said...

Aww Happy 3 months sweet Westyn! My god you are making me want to have a baby! XOXO

Nat J said...

Ash!

That was beautiful! Those words allow me to look forward..someday, right? Someday.

I love & miss you! Westyn is breathtakingly beautiful.

-Auntie Nat

thuriks said...

Ash you are such a wonderful Mom. Westyn is lucky to have you both as parents. That was such a beautiful post I have read it several times now & it has given me chills each and every time. Keep on loving that little one the way you do and she will never question how much she is loved!

Stacie said...

That was really sweet :)