Monday, August 25, 2008

10 Weeks.... Due date - March 20th, 2009!


Troy and I decided to start this blog to update family and friends on the progress of this little bugger that is growing inside my belly - but also... because I have become obsessed with blogs that my friends and friends of friends have created so I had no choice but to create my own.

We had our first ultrasound last week after what seemed like years of waiting for the appointment. We wanted to be sure that everything was going as it should and that there was a strong heartbeat so we were hesitant to even talk about it with family and friends. I'm not sure if this was just paranoia or normal first-time-parent hesitations. As it turns out of course the appointment went off without a hitch except for the fact that Troy and I were in total awe for the next few days and seemed to be floating in space. I don't think anything could have prepared us for that perfect little picture that popped up on that ultrasound machine. Immediately the baby's little heart was beating well over a hundred times a minute and it was clear as day on the mini t.v. that was set up. Then without warning the baby started moving all across the screen swimming around, flailing its hands and legs everywhere. I swear I thought either myself or Troy were going to faint any minute. Luckily that didnt happen and we ended the appointment with a knowledge that our due date is March 20th. Along with that is the absolute facsination that we have a small human that is growing inside my stomach which was made equally by the two of us. Incredible!
On a lighter note - the photo shown in this post is from our honeymoon after about 10 shots of tequila, hence Troy looking like a cartoon character....

13 comments:

Ronda Miller said...

Wow I am still in AWE as well that you are going to have a baby... I am so excited for both of you. What a beautiful journey. We love you guys! Love,
Joey and Ronda

Keri said...

I am so glad you decided to create a blog! Now I have something else to be obsessed about :) You know I couldn't be happier for you both and I can't wait to be Auntie Keri! Love you guys!!!

McGrath said...

Congrats you two!!! It's an amazing adventure...and it's going to be even more fun since we're a month apart! Your blog beats mine, nice work. :) XOXO to you both and keep the blogs coming!

Misty Carpinito said...

SUPER EXCITED for you both! And, I am so proud of you...the blog looks great! ;o) Looking forward to our babies growing up together. Lots of love to you to all three of you!

Stacie said...

Ashley - Congrats on the little one! I came across your blog today - it's great to see you're doing so well! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

Michelle said...

Yay!!! I am so extremely excited & happy for you two! Congrats!!! Love, Michelle

Unknown said...

Congratulations Ash and Troy! I am really excited and happy for you both.

Wilsons said...

Ashley and Troy we are so excited for you guys what a wonderful journey you are taking. Cant wait to meet the lil munchkin!! Hayden cant wait to meet her God sister or Brother

Erin said...

Congratulations Ashley!! Happy to see that you've joined the blog world as well :)

Natalie said...

Congratulatios!! I am so excited for you. And so glad you have a blog. I love blogging :)

Anonymous said...

Ash...this is incredible. I am so happy for you and Troy. I can't wait to meet the little bugger in your belly. I loved seeing you at the wedding too!!! Love Tara and Justin Holmes

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you and your husband. Lynne & Joe

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

Congratulations Ashley and Troy! How exciting! Best wishes, Jess