Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Westyn's World

Troy and I have come to the realization that we live in Westyn's world and ours come in a very far second. We have had an awesome summer going to the canal, spending time at Greenlake, playing in her kiddie pool but when Westyn wants to stay in her pool even though its bedtime or when she threw a tantrum at Greenlake because she didn't want to leave even though her body was turning into a prune, we just throw our hands in the air and comply. All we care about is making her happy and making sure that she loves life and is having the best childhood imaginable.



I bet we have a few hundred pictures just like this.



Makena, Westyn & Campbell having an afternoon snack at the canal


That little bikini body kills me.

Don't get me wrong though, she is a very happy baby. She is always smiling, laughing, making silly faces and she loves to give hugs and kisses, even to strangers. She is such a cuddly little girl and I can't seem to get enough of that little crook in her neck and thank god she freely lets me nuzzle it everyday.

These last couple of weeks have been spent with some our favorite people the Verghese clan, celebrating Jen's 30th for 2 days; going to El T's one night and then having a BBQ on her actual Birthday at our house. I was even lucky enough to score some Jen and Ashley time over breakfast in Kirkland. We're keeping our fingers crossed that they'll be back in a few short months in October.

The face of an angel



Westyn must be picking something out of Calum's hair.


Last week Westyn & I spent a few days at the Canal with my Mom and Grandma while Troy was fishing in Alaska. I can't say enough about my Mom for the Grandma that she is. I'm sure I've said this before by my parents always say that they are better Grandparents then they were as parents. I can't imagine that to be true but as Grandparents there is no limit for them. They will do absolutely anything for that little girl and as parents to me they are always so willing to help Troy and I. They are pretty incredible people and we are very lucky to have them so close to us.


Lastly, (it makes me tear up just thinking about it) Brandon and fam leave tonight for Ithica, New York for his 2-year stint getting his MBA. UGH. I can't imagine what life will be like these next 2 years without those four but I'm very excited for their new journey. As my good friends know I am very close to my brother and in turn our kids are very close especially Westyn and Campbell (10 months apart) so it's going to be strange not seeing him on a weekly basis.

3 comments:

Jen said...

OMG, Ash-I love that bikini of Westyn's! You are so lucky to have a girl to dress up, she's gorgeous. Loved seeing you and Westyn, sad to have missed Troy. Glad you had a nice time at the Canal-tell Brandon good luck for us and whilst I know it will be hard, it's not forever x

Jessica Vivaldi said...

Is the little girl in the last picture your niece? She looks exactly like your mom. Westyn is adorable by the way.

The Haigh's said...

Jess - that last picture is my friend Keri's daughter Makena